Your Mental Health Repair Manual will be launched this November!
Please sign up for our email list. We’ll keep you up to date as details develop.
A lifeline for frustrated patients, families, and healthcare providers.
Mental health care driving you crazy?
It should be easy: ask for help, get help.
Far too many people ask and don’t get the help they need. Instead, they get vague advice. Treatments that don’t work. Conflicting opinions. Silence, or worse.
You’ve got questions, but few answers.
How should you move forward?
Diet? Talk therapy? Herbs? Pills? HELP!
If your mental health care has stalled, you need easy-to-follow, practical, real-world solutions. Let this honest and engaging guide help you navigate the gaps in mental health care and find answers that are uniquely right for you. Break the cycle. Stop feeling powerless. Discover:
- how to find the right healthcare providers, get the most out of your work with them, and step up where they can’t;
- how your physical health, diet, exercise, talk therapy, medications, cannabis, and natural health products all affect your mental health;
- what treatments have in common, how they differ, and how to choose between them;
- crucial but easily-avoidable mistakes that reduce the chance of finding treatments that work for you; and
- practical tools to cut through uncertainty, help you to make smart choices, and keep your care on track.
By the end of Your Mental Health Repair Manual, you’ll have a deeper understanding of your mental well-being. You’ll have a working treatment plan, avoiding needless delays. You’ll confidently know how to get from where you are today to where you want to be.
- A Primer on Mental Illness
- What is Mental Illness?
- Diagnosing Mental Illness
- The Mental Health System
- Navigating Your Care
- Taking a More Active Role
- Get Prepared
- Family and Friends
- Working with your Family Doctor
- Describing your Symptoms
- Working the Waiting List
- Mental Health Interviews
- Difficult Encounters
- Paging Dr. Google
- Your Living Treatment Plan
- Using Your Plan
- So Many Choices!
- Just Enough Neuroscience
- Physical Illness
- Lab Investigations
- Lifestyle Factors
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Talk Therapy
- Finding a Therapist
- The Role of Medications
- Other Medications
- Medication Side Effects
- Evolving your Medication Regime
- Looking Ahead